lez be real pals, i get really fucking bogged down sometimes. i have recently started to realize that having whimsical experiences and having heart connections with others are coping mechanisms form me and make me feel ‘spiritually rich’ as jessica would say. here are some examples of how i make myself feel better when shit feels hard. this list is really incomplete and will be very different for everyone, but maybe it will get your imagination flowing.
1. light sparklers and drink whiskey in the gnarled garry oaks on an eerie spring night with someone you love
2. bake a pie for someone or a group of people you really care about (preferably strawberry basil) and surprise them with it!
3. share food and love and words with others
3. don’t hang out with people if you don’t want to and try not to apologize for finding large group hangouts where only small talk is possible insufferable and shallow. invite only blanket forts are more my speed.
4. MAKE YOURSELF A BAKED DIP OF ANY KIND (you will never, ever regret this) and watch some fantasy movies (if you’ve never seen legend, start there)
5. dress up in fun outfits and go play outside. don’t be afraid of your imagination.
6. take pleasure in the beauty of nature and get as close to it as you can. i like to bird watch, or lie back and look at the clouds. i like to watch sunsets and splash in puddles and smell flowers.
7. adorn yourself with as many sparkly things as possible, take excessive vanity shots or just enjoy the way you look on your own
8. say the things that you are grateful for about yourself, your body, your loved ones out loud or write them down.
SPARKS NOTES: food, nature, love, rhinestones
Ashley Aron, Bitch: Crema -
Last night I had a vivid dream about crema. I was pouring shots and watching the thick caramelized sugar swirling in ribbons slowly dissipate over and over again, left repeatedly staring quizzically into the murky darkness of the coffee beneath it.
I woke at 4:24 am in sweats and quickened…
Ashley Aron, Bitch: Kiss my fat, neutral ass theatre school -
The other day I got in trouble in my acting class for wearing gold nail polish and drawing on my eyebrows. We are expected to come to class with a “neutral body”. That means no make up and no nail polish because, wait for it…”It’s a mask underneath which hides our truer, realer, more authentic…
THAT'S SO MAJESTIC: A Majestic Guide: Finding Clothes and looking Fancy as a Fat Genderqueer -
The lovely Little-Mx-Switch just asked me this question, and since I love to procrastinate thought I would make a little guide because I get these questions a lot.
Question: “Hey Majestic! I was wondering if you had any tips for how to look awesome in clothing that is more masculine when…